Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chapter 22 (N)

I was still being controlled by something. I couldn’t control myself. Why couldn’t I stop?
I finally landed somehow in front of Kai’s house. I tried running inside, but I couldn’t.
I screamed, “KAI!!” but I don’t even think my mouth moved.
I just stood there for about twenty minutes. I decided to just close my eyes and relax, because I felt overwhelmed.
I started dreaming. There was this little girl playing with her friends hide and go seek. She was running around trying to find her friends, but she tripped and fell. She scratched her arm a little bit, and it started bleeding. Her friends came running out to surround her, and showered her will their love. She put her hands over her face. Empathy filled her friends’ faces. But she stood up, and took her hands off her face and starting laughing. Everyone was confused as to why she was laughing. She wasn’t insane or anything, but she was laughing.

One of her friends decided to speak up and asked, “Why are you laughing?”
She stopped laughing and said, “Because nothing’s going to happen to it if I cry. It won’t go away or anything. There’s no point. Instead of crying, I’m going to go get a bandage for my booboo.”
I woke up. That was really wise of a seven year old. She looked oddly familiar… Whatever, I needed to find a way to stop this thing from controlling me.
My head hurt, I was over thinking. I needed to stop and calm down. Calm down. I could do this. I breathed in and out.
Kell came out with tears in his eyes. That was just great. He stood in front of me, still crying.
“Where’s Kai?” I asked, technically not me, but whatever.
“She might be dying.”
And that was it. Kai might be dying, and it was my entire fault. I killed Kai. I killed my friend. I was a murderer, and yet I was trying to kill one.
I wasn’t being controlled any more.
“Where is she?” I was already sobbing.
“She’s inside, but…”
I ran inside before he could finish his sentence. She was probably in her room, so I went there. Everyone was there. When they saw me coming in, they glared at me. If looks could kill, I’d be dead a hundred times.
“Look who decided to show up,” remarked Sumi.
“Is Kai okay?”
“Why do you care? Why didn’t you show up to help us? It was your plan! And YOU BAILED ON US! KAI MIGHT BE DEAD AND IT’S YOUR ENTIRE FAULT!” yelled Navina.
“I can explain, but this isn’t the time or place! Is Kai okay?!”
“Leave her alone. Kai isn’t badly injured, but she’s mentally unwell,” said Valentine.
“What’s wrong with her?”
“She just keeps on repeating the same thing,” replied Levana.
“’I failed you, Dan. It’s all my fault.’ over and over,” added Valentine.
“Can I talk to her alone please?”
“Ugh, sure,” replied Navina.
They all exited. I went near her bed. She was crying and repeating the same thing.
“Kai, it’s not your fault. You didn’t fail Dan, you tried! That’s all what matters! And I know you probably won’t believe anyone, but we’re all very proud of you for trying. I wasn’t there, I’m sorry. I tried too! And because of you, we don’t need to worry about Barry any more. Barry will never even dare to come near us. So you didn’t fail Dan. And nothing’s your fault! Dan probably didn’t even expect you to avenge him. I bet he’s proud of you too. He’s always wanted to tell you something, before he… went. I don’t know if he has already told you, but he… he…. Dan… Why can’t I say this?”
“He loved you,” said a familiar voice. It was Valentine.
Kai stopped crying and talking. She sat up and looked at us. She had a surprised look.
She took a deep breath and asked, “Dan loved me?”
Valentine went and sat next to her.
“DUH!” we said in unison.
“But… that just makes me feel even worse. I hated him over a stupid misunderstanding that happened, and he… he loved me. I just wish… I could see him one more time, just to tell him that I’m sorry… but it’s too late now. I can’t bring him back. I just can’t…” she said sadly.
“Kai, if you ‘hated’ him, why would you try to kill Barry? Why did that simple note cause you so much emotional pain? Simple, you didn’t ever hate him. You were just denying that you liked him to yourself,” said Valentine.
“I know you’re just trying to make me feel better, but it’s not working, I’m sorry. I can’t change the past. Dan is gone, and so are the chances of me ever apologizing to him, and making things better.”
“We’ll leave you alone to think then, just remember Dan loved you until his last breath...,” said Valentine. We left her room.
Dan loved her. It was funny how love always complicated everything, like my friendship with Yang, and Yang’s friendship with Yin, and Dan’s relationship with Kai.
Pssh, love.

--THE END—

I know it’s been ages! But at least it’s done! Yeah, I’m getting closer to the end too. And I promise I’ll try to post the next chapter soon. Thanks if you’re still sticking with me.

1 comment: