Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sequel Chapter 1

hello!
it's been awhile, hasn't it?
well guess what I'm doing starting this summer?
that's right, I'm writing a sequel!
I don't know what to name it quite yet, so I'm just going to call it "Sequel" for now.
so here's my first chapter, fresh off the press. click "Read More" and enjoy!

-K



I know I’m having the dream again, but I can’t wake myself up. The ones I care about all look at me with disgusted faces, repeating the same phrase: “It’s all your fault, all your fault, all your fault…”
When I shoot out of the nightmare, I barely manage to not scream. I clench the covers, and sigh. I look over at my clock, which reads 3:56 A.M. I reach for my tablet and turn it on. I log onto LikeIt, just so I can’t go back to sleep. Not surprisingly, not a single person is on. After looking at some pictures of cute kittens and people’s statuses to calm myself, I see a little chat notification pop up. I can feel my eyes widen when I saw it was Marc.
Marc Gillwater, the very guy who annoys the hell out of me, saved my life several times and has a crush on me, is trying to chat with me in the wee hours of the morning. I haven’t been able to talk to him as often as he probably would’ve liked ever since he moved out of town. I’ve been trying to have a normal, uneventful life ever since I destroyed Chronos and stopped a worldwide epidemic. Of course, I get publicity since I did write an exposé about myself and my role in the epidemic (before, I had stuck with the codename Chimera), but normally I’m left alone. I take a moment to think whether I should reply, when he writes, “hey, are you alive over there?” I just had to reply now.

me: yeah. what’s up?
Marc: nothing much. you couldn’t sleep either?
me: no, I just decided to randomly wake up at 4 in the morning and log onto LikeIt just because.
Marc: you’re being sarcastic again, aren’t you?
me: no duh.
Marc: …
me: sorry. I’ve just been getting the same nightmare over and over again, and I’m not in a great mood. what about you? I haven’t seen you on at all.
Marc: it’s fine. and nothing really, just same old same old. haven’t you found things boring lately?
me: no…why?
Marc: well, after the entire adventure last month, hasn’t everything been so mediocre? normal life is so boring.
me: I much prefer having a boring life where I’m not constantly threatened.
Marc: but don’t you want to be a saviour again? do some good in the world?

I was starting to get a little annoyed. I wanted to put all of that behind me. First, the nightmares weren’t letting me off, and now even Marc wants to keep on remind me about it.

me: I did my share. no, even more than my share. some other hero can take my job, I don’t want it. it’s hard enough being an average teenager, but having to worry about the world too is overwhelming. I’ve been trying to be normal, and I don’t need you to turn upside down again!
Marc: I thought you were better than that.

He suddenly logs off, leaving me alone. I bury my head in my hands. This is the first time I’ve talked with Marc in a month, and I totally blew it. I really hadn’t meant to get mad, but I’m just tired. Tired of having to deal with everyone looking at me either skeptically or in awe. Tired of having to know that so many people died before I could do anything about it. Tired of feeling guilty when I hear about something I thought I could stop. I wanted to go back to being the Kaya Song before all of this. I wanted to be the person that didn’t have to deal with nightmares and remorse.
I collapse back into a lying position. I stare back up at the ceiling, shadows playing as an occasional car passes by. Out of the shadows, I could see a battle scene, the battle between Chronos and Chimera that I had witnessed only a month before. A month…it’s hard to believe it’s been that long. I place my arm on top of my eyes to block out everything. I fall into a fitful daze until my alarm clock went off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment