Monday, July 9, 2012

Chapter 23 (N)

It was the first day since all the Barry drama. I wished this was all a dream and Dan was still alive. But it wasn’t. It was reality. Harsh reality.
Kai wasn’t acting like herself any more. We all tried cheering her up but it was impossible.
Otherwise everyone was normal… At least their kind of normal.
I wondered where Kim was, and why she had abandoned me. She was probably scared that I would kill her or something. It was finally lunch time after two long classes. Everyone was there except for Dan. It was really depressing seeing that empty seat that he used to sit in.
I blamed Barry for everything, but I blamed myself even more. It was my fault Dan was gone. It was my fault Kai is feeling that way. It was my fault Yin and Yang weren’t as close any more. Maybe it wasn’t my fault, but I still blamed myself.
I sat down. Valentine and Navina were arguing as usual.
“Hey Kai… did you do okay on your test…?” I asked slowly.
“I got thirty two percent,” she said while moving her food around.
Valentine and Navina stopped arguing and everyone looked at Kai with surprise.
Kai didn’t take notice; she just kept on playing with her food.
“YOU got…” Sumi said before Charm gave her a look to stop.
Kai closed up her stuff and went upstairs.
When Sumi saw Kai was out of sight she asked, “She failed something?!”
This was so unrealistic. Kai failing something was just… no.
“We really shouldn’t talk behind her back, but I agree, that is really surprising…,” said Charm.
Navina was looking at me, but I decided to ignore her.
“Kai getting anything below ninety is surprising,” added Valentine.
“This is all Barry’s fault! Why did he have to come into our lives and ruin them?” said Sapphire.
“And take one away…,” added Valentine.
There was awkward silence for about a minute.
“It’s not Barry’s fault, it’s mine,” I said.
“No, it’s Kim’s fault,” said Charm.
“I miss Dan,” said Sapphire.
“We all do. But Kai misses him the most,” said Valentine.
“But didn’t she hate him?” whispered Yin.
“People change, and so do opinions,” said Charm.
“I swear if Barry was here, I’d want to kill him so badly. I’m going to go check up on her,” said Levana. She got up and left too.
“Oh hey Kai,” said Levana startled.
KAI WAS LISTENING?! THAT WAS BAD!
Levana came running back in.
“Kai’s crying and ran upstairs,” she said panting.
“Oh great, now she’s going to be even more depressed,” said Sapphire.
“Should we go apologize?” asked Sumi.
“Maybe we should leave her alone…,” said Valentine.
“I’m going to go talk to her,” I said.
“Maybe WE SHOULD LEAVE HER ALONE,” said Navina.
“I’m going!”
“IT WAS YOUR ENTIRE FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE!”
“KIM LEFT ME ALONE IN A FACTORY. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!”
“IT WAS YOUR PLAN! YOU SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED IT INSTEAD OF LETTING THIS KIM PERSON LEAVE YOU ALONE!”
“KIM CAME AND TOLD ME TO HELP DAN BECAUSE OF BARRY! AT LEAST I TRIED TO HELP, WHAT DID YOU DO?!”
“I SHOWED UP, UNLIKE YOU! YOU WENT AND HID AND THEN COVERED IT UP BY THIS KIM PERSON!”
“KIM IS A REAL PERSON YOU…”
“SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!” shouted Kai interrupting me. Thank goodness…
The whole cafeteria was looking at us, but I couldn’t care less.
“Kai…?”
“LISTEN ALL OF YOU! NONE OF YOU WENT THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH. YOU GUYS ARGUING OVER NOTHING DOESN’T MAKE ANYTHING BETTER! WHAT HAPPENED, HAPPENED! ARGUING ABOUT IT WON’T CHANGE ANYTHING! NONE OF US CAN CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED. DAN IS GONE! WE CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOW. KIM WAS A REAL PERSON NAVINA! EVERYONE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!”
We blew it, big time.
We’re idiots… 

--THE END—

Uh…I don’t have a comment… So I hope you enjoyed it…

1 comment: