Friday, July 27, 2012

Chapter 24 (N)

Kai
I was in my room, lying in my bed while playing with a ball. It came in.
“Mistress, don’t you think you were being a little ridiculous?”
“No.”
“Mistress, I think you should forgive them.”
“Did I give you permission to think?”
“I apologize, but I am here to guide you, mistress.”
“You are here to obey me. Do not tell me what to do!”
“It is my duty! I must make sure you are okay no matter what, mistress.”
I sat up and shouted, “Then when were you when Barry was about to kill Dan?!”

“Mistress, I…”
“Don’t you ‘mistress, I’ me! If you were truly here to protect me, you would have saved Dan!”
“Mistress, I apologize. I cannot travel back in time to fix my mistakes.”
“You are not allowed to make mistakes.”
“Mistress, but I cannot help not making mistakes. I am only…”
“Do not tell me what you are. Either you make Dan alive again, or be gone from my presence.”
“Mistress, you cannot live in the past. You have to move on. Dan is only the past. It is impossible to make him come back. Please move on. Your family and friends are worried about you. They love you and look at how you are treating them.”
“Don’t you dare tell me to forget Dan.”
“But I am not. I am simply telling you to stop blaming yourself. Dan was going to pass away someday anyway. You knew that. You know that all your friends are going to be gone someday. Blaming yourself over his death will not help anything, mistress.”
I sighed, “But I am not blaming myself for his death. I am blaming myself for how I treated him before he died.”
“Mistress, Dan is proud of you. Now think, how is this helping you in life? May I be dismissed so you may think on your own?”
“Permission granted.”
It left the room, and the room felt empty. I threw the ball and some pictures fell over.
I couldn’t help but blame myself, but what it said was true. Living in the past was only hurting me. I realized how horrible I was when I made a scene in the cafeteria. I shouldn’t have yelled at Navina… That was a huge mistake.
While it was true that I couldn’t change the past, I could change my future. I was going to start by apologizing to everyone that I have ever done anything bad to.
I took a deep breath and went to Kell first. I knocked his bedroom’s door and walked in.
“Kell, I apologize for everything. I am extremely sorry I was a horrible sister at times. I hope you can forgive me,” I said to him.
“What? I can’t hear you,” he teased.
“I have to go,” I said as I exited his room.
Next, my parents.
I apologized to them, and they gave me a hug.
I apologized to everyone I knew, and I had one final person.
Valentine and Light came with me. We went to the cemetery, to Dan’s grave.
I brought him some flowers…
“Dan, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever done to you. You were such an amazing friend. I miss you. I just wish one day I could wake up and see you came over to steal a snack like you used to when we were young. But I guess that could never happen… Even though you’re not here with me right now, I feel you’re in my heart. You will never be replaced. I hate that stupid argument we had that made us drift apart… I know I acted horribly to you after that. You were so kind to me even though I wasn’t. And as we said, K plus D equals friends forever. I love you too.” I started crying halfway through. I looked at Valentine, she had a sad expression. Even though I felt extremely sad, I felt extremely happy and relieved at the same time.
I looked around, hoping he would just magically appear… but he didn’t.
“Let’s go,” I said. They gave me a hug, and we left.
With just one look back.
Forever in my heart. 

--THE END—

Close to the ending. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment