Monday, May 21, 2012

Alt+Control Chapter 47


“I’m sure he’s confused. He knows that there are things he’s supposed to remember, but he doesn’t. He’s been frustrated lately.”
“Well, I can’t force him to remember me. I…I might just have to start from scratch.” Just the thought of it sends another lightning bolt into my chest. “Maybe we’ll be friends again.” I doubt it though. I can never replicate the relationship we had.
“Maybe you should go talk to him. He must be a little worried that he did something wrong.”
“He didn’t. I don’t blame him.” It’s Chronos’s fault. But Chronos is gone, so I can’t really exact my revenge again. “I’ll go talk to him. Thanks for talking to me.”
“Don’t worry about it. If you ever need to talk to someone, I’m here.”
I go into the washroom, and try to hide my red eyes the best I could. I then go back to the room, where I hear Tam and Drew arguing. I open the door without knocking. They immediately fall silent once I enter.
“I’ll leave the two of you alone,” says Tam, and exits. I stand awkwardly by the door.
“Come, sit,” he motions towards a chair. I sit down.
“From what I can understand, you’ve been my friend for 5 years, and that recently, we’ve started dating.” He coughs, and blushes slightly.
“Yes. But we haven’t gone out on a date yet.” I try talking to him as normally as possible.
“I see.” He pauses, and I don’t know what to do. He shakes his head, and buries his face in his hands. “I’m sorry. I can’t remember anything at all, and I don’t know how to deal with this.” I start to reach out to touch him, and then stop myself.
“It’s ok. You can…you can forget all about it. Let’s start out at scratch, like when we first met.” I smile so I can hide the sadness I can feel. I offer him my hand. “My name is Kaya. What’s yours?”
He smiles at me, and takes my hand. “Drew. How are you?” I feel awful, actually, but I just speak as cordially as possible.
We talk like this for a while, but no matter what we say, it’s still awkward between the two of us. Eventually, we run out of things to say. I stand up.
“I have to go home. I’ll talk to you later?”
“Yeah,” he says, and he opens his book again. I close the door behind me. I walk towards the front door, and give my thanks and apologies to Tam and Drew’s mom.
“Come again soon, Kaya,” she says.
“Thanks,” I reply. I put on my shoes and go out the door. I call the elevator, and descend to the ground floor. I walk back to the park to finish writing the exposé. I won’t have any time to do it tomorrow. To make my mood worse, it’s Gerad’s funeral tomorrow. I still need to get my clothing out and find a way to get there.
I look back down at the tablet, and finish writing the exposé, trying to keep my emotions out of it.


Alt+Control is coming to an end! I can't believe it. I know there are those of you who don't wish for it to end, but all novels must come to a close. I will be finished within a few chapters, and I want to thank everyone for sticking with me. Your support means the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment