Monday, April 9, 2012

Chapter 19 (N)

“Your phone is ringing,” pointed out Kim. I took it out of my pocket. My eyes hurt from the brightness. Who would be calling me? Probably Kai.
“Yang is calling,” said the phone screen.
Yang? Why the heck is he calling?! Should I ignore it? But what if it’s something important? Darn it, there I go again. I sighed.
“What do you want?” I said a little harsher than intended.
“Oh hello, I’m fine too.”
“What do you want?” I repeated in the same tone.
“Why are you mad at me?” A lot of things raced through my mind.
“What do you want?”

“For one thing, I want to know why you’re mad at me.”
“I’m not in the mood.”
“So are you mad at me?”
I felt like squeezing something so hard.
“Why do you care? Isn’t Yin your best friend in the world?”
“Yin isn’t my best friend! You are!” I felt like throwing up. How stupid does he think I am?
“Leave me alone! I’m not stupid, Yang! You have better chances of an alien coming down to earth and asking me to be its valentine, than me ever believing that.”
“I swear I mean it!”
“I’M NOT STUPID!” I think Kim’s getting sick of that. Either that or she likes drama.
“You’re sure acting like you are.” WHAT?!?
“Goodbye Yang! I hope we never see each other for the rest of our lives! Delete me from your life, the same way I’m going to end this conversation!”
“Wa—“ I hung up. Ok maybe I did over react a bit.
“You know, you should learn to be more patient,” Kim said. I groaned.
“Yang is such a liar!”
“Maybe he wasn’t lying.”
“Huh?”
“Maybe he was telling the truth.”
“You don’t know what happened, so I don’t think you could tell if he’s lying or not.”
“I do actually. I know what happened. And your friendship was beautiful.” This mind reading thing is getting kinda creepy.
“Yang is a horrible person! I can’t believe we were best friends!”
“Says the person who used to have a—“
“AH!” I interrupted her. That’s not something I want to remember.
“Forgive people. Before it’s too late.”
“I’m not going to forgive him no matter what! What he did was horrible.”
“You’re so stubborn! Then why did you forgive Yin?”
“Yin did nothing wrong!” This conversation is only making me hate him even more.
“Friends like that come once in a lifetime.”
“Thank goodness.”
“Yang was telling the truth.”
“Pfft. Yeah right.”
“Listen! I know what you’re thinking! I’ve been what you’ve been through! I know how you feel!”
“Let’s just start training.”
“You might be the reason he dies.”
“I’m not feeling so well… Maybe we should stop this conversation and start training.”
“You’re being ridiculous!”
“I know I am, but that’s no reason for me to forgive him. Can we start training?”
“But…”
“Can we PLEASE start?”
“Okay, so let’s start with your weakness,” her tone changed suddenly. It became harsher, but not very noticeable.
“Dark powers?”
“Yes, what’s your greatest fear?” My greatest fear? I don’t know… I’ve never really thought about it… Being alone? Animals? What is my greatest fear?
“Losing someone I care about.” She was smiling… no more like smirking… What’s going on…?
“Hmm… This is tough… You’re supposed to face your fears, but this one is just…”
“What should I do?” I became whiny.
“You have a soft heart… but it’s also a strong one. You’re independent and brave, but stubborn and rebellious.”
“I’m not that rebellious actually…”
“You care for the safety of your friends. You want the best for everyone. But you’re making is hard on yourself. Don’t be foolish!”
“What’s up with the horoscope?”
“I’m sorry, but I have to go.”
“What?! We didn’t even train!”
“I have to go… You’ve made me realize something important!”
“But we need to practice, remember?!” What the heck is wrong with this girl?
“I have to! It’s really important! You’ve opened up my eyes.” Ok, now I’m positive she has lost her mind.
“Uh…”
“Goodbye! Thank you!”
“What about Barry?!”
“I’ll be there, don’t worry.” I heard a whoosh sound.
“Kim? I’m all alone! Where’s the exit?!”
I made a little ball of light. There were millions of boxes. It looked like an abandoned factory. I could either go left or right.
How long will it take for me to get out? Will I make it to the battle?
This is bad. This is really bad!!!
“KIM!!” I yelled from the top of my lungs.
She didn’t come back. What should I do?!
I started walking.
How long will this take?

--THE END—

How are you? DON’T KILL ME. I’ve been through a lot of things since my last chapter… I’ve come up with ideas!!! Oh and congratulations K on your 30th chapter!! :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks :D this chapter was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So my other chapters weren't? D:
      Kidding, but thanks. :)

      Delete