Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chapter 20 (N)

I've been stuck here for two hours! Where is KIM?! I couldn’t find the exit, and I’ve already been to seven dead ends. They’re probably getting impatient and think I chickened out.
Oh my God! My phone! I should call them!
I took out my phone. Low battery, what?! I charged it all night! Whatever, maybe it’s enough for me to make a call.
I dialed Kai’s number. Come on Kai!!
“WHERE ARE YOU?!” she shouted. I jumped.
“I can’t talk for long! I’m stuck in a factory. Kim left me here!! I don’t know the way out, and my battery is about to die!! HELP!”
“What factory is it?! What does it sell?”
“I only see boxes, I think they’re—“ The battery died. NO!! Now I’m stuck here. What are they going to do? What am I going to do?
What if Kim’s just pulling a prank on me because I refused to forgive Yang?
The glow came back. I never noticed when it was gone! Argh.
I’ll stop thinking about Yang. I have bigger problems! Like how the heck am I going to get out of here!
I felt faint after a while. I’ve never used any of my power for this long. I think I was losing energy.
I got a huge headache. I have to stop using this, or else I’ll black out. But I can’t see in the dark! Only Levana can do that! And maybe Kim…
I made the little ball vanish. I didn’t feel a lot better, but my headache went away.
Wait, this may have to do with what Kim was talking about. If I get rid of my fears, I can possibly see in the dark? It’s worth a try.
I imagined Barry killing Dan. I immediately screamed. I couldn’t stand seeing something like that!
This is going to be harder than I thought.
I’ll think of something I hate, and then destroy that! Maybe that will help!
What do I hate? When people are dishonest with me, and… what Yang did to me… Yang. Idiotic Yang. I hate Yang. No, I don’t. Yes, I do. No, I don’t. YES, I DO! NO, I DON’T!
I hate these inner conflicts! Do I hate him?
Forget about Yang! Don’t care about people who don’t care about you!
I’m missing the point. I need to get rid of my fears, not think about negative things.
Okay, I’ll try this again. I closed my eyes, and imagined Barry and Dan again.
I didn’t scream, but I started crying. That’s a bit of progress, and it lasted for longer.
The next time I felt heartache but didn’t cry. Then, I imagined it again, but I didn’t feel anything. Not even a bit of sadness. I felt kinda cruel. But I had to!
All this energy turned black and entered me. It hurt so badly, but I didn’t fight back. I needed dark energy. And all my energy is practically drained. And I need to get out of here!
“Hello there,” a voice echoed along the walls. I looked around. Of course I couldn’t see anything but whatever.
“Hello, who are you? Where are you? Do you have a light? Could you help me find the way out of here? I need to get out of here! Please help me!”
“I’m here, don’t you see me?”
“No, not really. It’s really dark in here!”
“If you figure out where I am, I promise I will lead you out of here,” the voice was sincere. But how much can I trust this voice of someone I don’t know? It sounded like a young man’s voice, like a teen. But it was sweet, and charming.
“Okay, keep on talking and I’ll try my best.”
“What do you want to talk about? I want to learn all about you.”Um… what? I’m not going to randomly tell a person the details of my life. But if I don’t tell him, he might get upset and leave…
“I wish I could tell you, but then I would be talking while I need to listen to you talk. So tell me about yourself, like a story or whatever,” I tried not to sound nervous, even though I was. Maybe this will fool him.
“I live with my mother and two brothers…” he started telling me all about him, but since his voice echoed along the walls it was hard. Maybe I should use some of that dark power… No, that will never work.
One try won’t do anything… I learned this spell from Levana. She would put all her energy into a ball and then blast it, but she usually faints after using it.
But it’s different; I have some of my light energy. Whatever, it’s worth a try.
I took a deep breath. I started putting all my dark energy into the ball. I couldn’t see it, but I felt it was growing. I finally felt that I put enough energy into it, so I blasted it. I heard a large bam!
The light! The light! I saw the light! I ran to the exit.
What happened to that guy anyway?
“I found the way out!! Thank you!” I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped.
“Wow, you’re even more beautiful in person,” he said. I turned around. There was the guy with the voice!
“Um, okay? Thank you. Well I have to go,” I said awkwardly.
“No, no please stay. I want to talk to you, Light,” He said in a sweet voice. HOW DOES EVERYONE KNOW MY NAME?!
“How did you know my name?”
“It does not matter how I learned of your name. What matters is that you’re safe, my darling.” This is getting really creepy…
“Uh, thanks? I really have to go! Thank you..uh what’s your name?”
“Sky, my name is Sky. Do you want me to take you where you’re going?” To be honest, I did want him to take me to my house, because I had no idea where I was.
“No thanks, could you just tell me where we are?”
“Where we are, where we are,” he smirked. “We’re in Cabana town.”
“Okay, thanks that’s not far from where I need to go.”
“I’ll take you if you want.”
“I’m fine!”
But he insisted for so long, and I didn’t want him to come…
Who is this guy anyway and what does he know about me?

--THE END—

1 comment: