Friday, December 23, 2011

Chapter 1 (K)


“Hey, did you hear about the latest virus victim on the news?” asked Lae, propping up her feet beside my tablet.
I look up from the screen, brushing my hair away from my face. “Of course, who hasn’t? It’s been all over the web lately.” I push her feet off and spin around to face her. She was wearing her normal outfit of black, black and more black. Today she had lacy fingerless gloves on and a dragon choker. I look at myself and realize how plain I must look beside her with my jeans and green t-shirt.
“This victim is number 70, right?” she asks. She starts spinning on her chair.
“Get your facts straight, Lae. She’s number 46. We haven’t reached 50 quite yet. People are probably exaggerating now, or blaming every recent coma and death on the epidemic.” I sigh and turn off my tablet. Once the conversation has started, there’s no stopping it now when it comes to Lae.
“Oh come on Kaya, give me a break once in awhile. You make me feel like a complete idiot sometimes.”
“I make you feel like and idiot? You are one!” I giggle, and dodge an attempt to hit me in the head with a textbook. “Let me prove it. Who else would sleep in because they thought it was Saturday when it’s Wednesday, forgets to do homework assigned 2 weeks ago and forgets their packed lunch at home?” I take off my glasses and wipe them clean.
“Ugh. Don’t remind me please. My parents are so going to kill me when they get that call from the office. And it’s not just me… lots of people do that,” she still persists. I just raise a questioning brow and put my glasses back on.
“Uhhh… fine. You win.” She raises her hands in surrender.
I smiled triumphantly. “Ok idiot. Now what time do you want to leave the library?”
“Eh. Whenever. I don’t really care.” She turns around and waves. “Hey, Nella! Over here!”



This is my writing for today. I totally skipped yesterday...

Must. Not. Do. That!!!

So pretty much I've introduced 2 characters and about to introduce N's character. I've got to figure out how to add everyone else into the story. 
Just so you know, my chapters are not going to be the proper size. I'm just naming them chapters for the sake of organization. Please bear with me.

2 comments: