Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chapter 1 (N)

"Okay class, settle down!" shouted Mrs. Sparkle. Nobody stopped talking. She did a spell. Everybody was quiet. I couldn't hear the spell. I wanted to, but I couldn't.
"Ah, now that we're quiet, we can start on the lesson. Today's lesson is about...," said Mrs. Sparkle. I couldn't hear anything because the people beside me started talking again! I didn't want to be a tattle tale, so I just said to myself "they'll be quiet" over and over.
The phone rang. I rushed to it. Anything to get me away from those people. I picked it up.
"Hello, Mrs. Sparkle's room, student speaking," I said.
"Hello, may I speak to Mrs. Sparkle," It was the principle. I covered the mouth of the phone.
"Mrs. Sparkle, it's for you," I said. She made it fly to her.
"Thank you," she whispered. She started talking on the phone, so I had to go back to my seat.
"Can't fly, can you?" asked the guy beside me  in a mocking voice. His name was Eric. 
"Can you?" I asked him in the same tone.
"Duh, who can't?" said Eric. I swallowed. Those words hurt a lot.
"Whatever," I said. Mrs. Sparkle finished talking.
"Who would like to do a favour for me?" asked Mrs. Sparkle. My hand shot up.
"I would," I said.
"Okay, thanks. You have been very helpful today. Do you want to take the attendance for me?" she asked. She knew I loved to that.
"Yes!" I said. I opened her sparkling folder. I started calling names.
"Okay, now go downstairs to the office and you'll find a new student...," she started.
"Okay!" I went downstairs with the attendance before she finished her orders. Ha ha. I found a girl there. She was sitting quietly. I put the attendance in the folder in the office. I smiled at her.
"Hello!" I said.
"Hi," she said shyly.
"Are you a new student?" I asked.
"Yes," she replied.
"Oh, that's awesome! You're in my class! You have the nicest teacher ever!" I said encouragingly. She was a bit scared. Which is normal. She stood up. Her bag fell.
"Come here," she said. The bag stopped, and started rising.
"That is so cool! No wonder you're here. Come with me," I said.
"Do you have a no magic in the halls or flying sort of rule?" she asked.
"No, no not at all! You can fly, if you want. By the way, I didn't catch your name," I said.
"Oh, well I didn't drop it," she said jokingly, "It's Angel."
"Lucky! Angel is such a cute name!" I said. We got to class.
"And that's why you must never do any spells you are not trained to do," finished Mrs. Sparkle.
"I'm here, with the new student," I said.
"Hello," Mrs. Sparkle said in a friendly voice.
"Hello," Angel said. She's so adorable.
"Do you want to introduce yourself to the class?" Mrs. S asked. SAY NO!
"Sure," Angel said with confidence. I walked slowly to my seat, so I could hear at least some of her introduction. She walked in front of the class. She wasn't nervous. I wish I wasn't nervous when it was my turn to do that. I reached my seat, and sat down.
"Hello, my name is Angel...," she started. Nobody was talking. Which was weird. "My parents wanted to come to their home town, and the place I was born in, again because they missed here. I love it here too," she said. Applause. I don't even think she finished.
"Thank you miss Smiles. You can go sit beside Light," said Mrs. S.
"Thank you Mrs. Sparkle," she said. I never heard Mrs. S say her name... I raised my hand and waved it so Angel could see me.
"What about me?" asked Emily, the talkative girl who sits beside me.
"Go sit beside Jake!" she said. Emily groaned and moved.
I think I have made a new best friend.

-- THE END --

So...? How was is it? Can I have feedback? And I didn't include most of the important characters yet, except Angel and Light. In this chapter was just to introduce Angel, since she'll be an important character later on. And I know you're thinking who names their kids Angel and Light? Well in this story, you'll find unusual stuff.
FEEDBACK PLEASE!
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. awesome too <333333
    just one thing that you need to improve: slow down the pace at certain places and fast foward on the other ones(for example, the feeling of the main character is jumping around too quickly)
    but still, good job!!!!! hope to see the next chapter!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! And sure, well it's just like when you're excited you get hyper and faster. But I'll do that in my next chapter!
    THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!
    -Employer at 7CPNB :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. N, we really need to put up a page with the characters. I've been asking people what their name should be, but I'm just giving up and giving a name that'll suit them.
    like seriously, who the heck is Eric? or Angel??

    ReplyDelete