Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chapter 5 (K)


After an oddly silent dinner, I trudge up back to my room. There’s no point in agonizing over this any longer.
I feel so dense to only realize now that we liked each other. I mean, almost everyone else could figure it out!
I log onto my email and search among my 20 something messages. There. Found it. I look at the date stamp: 20/09/2009 at 16:49. So he probably sent it to me once he got home.
I open the email tentatively, and find a bunch of gibberish written all over it. I smile. It’s one of the codes we created to prevent any curious eyes (like his sister or my brother) from reading our emails. He hasn’t used it in awhile, so this brings back memories.
I quickly decode the message. It says exactly what Evelyn, Catherine and Vera predicted earlier. My hands pause over the keyboard, uncertain as to what to reply. My mind races, trying to find the best way to express how I was feeling. I was going to type something elaborate, but all I decided to write were 4 words:
I like you too.
So that was over and done with. A huge weight seemed to have lifted from my shoulders. But then I remembered that my friends are probably going to humiliate me, tomorrow onwards. And some of them are definitely not going to approve when they find out, especially Lae and Nella. I sigh.
But hey, I’ll get over it hopefully. I flop into bed and think until I fall asleep.




V, no posting any of these chapters on FB! I'm humiliated enough writing these scenes partially from experience, ok?
STOP OR I WILL HAUNT YOU!!!!
On another note, I skipped yesterday!!!!!! Noooooo!!!
On account of writer's block. Darn you, writer's block!!!!

So yeah. Enjoy :) hopefully I'll get something up tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I couldn't update my part! I've been busy! I have so many comments about this chapter (mostly negative) but it's okay... And by the way, the mysterious person who was me O:) as if you didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's ok, I understand how it feels. and I know why you don't like it, but don't worry. I'm drifting away from the romance now and into the mystery/action.
    and it was pretty obvious it was you, after you gave yourself away twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twice? Once! And your comment never appeared before now! Weird...
    School!

    ReplyDelete