Monday, December 26, 2011

Chapter 4 (N)

I picked up my phone as quickly as possible. I dialed Kai’s number. Beep… Beep…. Come on pick up Kai!
“Hello,” said a small voice.
“Is this Kai?” I asked.
“Kai, someone wants you,” said the small voice.
“Hello,” said Kai.
“Do you remember Yang?” I asked, getting to the subject immediately.
“Yeah, of course,” she said.
“Well, Yin was acting all weird, and she wanted me to go. Then I met Yang, and he said he was going to Yin’s,” I said.
“Hmm, that’s weird. Yang told me he was going to surprise you,” said Kai.
“He told me that too. But he said Yin said it was urgent,” I said. Our doorbell rang. I tried to open the door with a spell; it worked!
“Don’t worry about it. I don’t think it’s that important,” said Kai. I wish it was that simple.
“Hello,” said a familiar voice. I covered the mouth of my phone.
“I’m in my room!” I shouted. I heard the door close and footsteps.
“Hey,” said Yang as he entered my room.
“I got to go,” I said.
“Okay, bye,” she said. I put my purple phone next to me, but I didn’t hang up.
“Hi Yang, so how was Yin?” I asked.
“Do you know her or something?” he asked, he suddenly got defensive.
“Yeah, she’s my friend,” I said. He looked at my room.
“Cool room,” he said, changing the subject.
“Thanks, so what did you do at Yin’s?” I asked. I didn’t want to get nosy, but I was sure he was hiding something.
“Nothing,” he replied.
“I thought you said Yin said it was urgent. What was so urgent?” I asked. His phone rang.
“Just a minute, I need to answer,” he said. He went outside. After a couple of minutes he came back.
“Are you done?” I asked.
“Sorry, that was my mom. I have to go,” he said.
“I can walk you home,” I said.
“Uh, no thanks, I need to hurry,” he said.
“Nah, don’t worry, I’m fast,” I said.
“No, no it’s okay. Bye,” he said.
“Wait, I need your number,” I said.
“I’ll give it to you tomorrow,” he was getting really nervous.
“Okay, bye,” I said. He went downstairs, and went outside, running practically.
“What the heck? He is totally hiding something,” said Kai.
“I know! But what is it?” I asked.
“Well, I have to go. My mom’s calling me,” said Kai.
“See you later,” I said.
“You too,” She hung up.
What is Yang hiding? Should I call Yin?
My phone rang my favourite tune. I picked up.
“Hi,” said Valentine.
“Hi, Valentine, can you detect love between two people?” I asked.
“Yup, why?” she asked. I told her.
“It’s just a theory,” I said.
“How about tomorrow, at the party?” she suggested.
“Yeah, sure,” she said.
“Well, see you tomorrow,” I said.
“Lots of love,” she said. I hung up.
“I will discover what is happening!” I said to myself. I still haven’t finished the gifts, or invited Angel, or do the decorations. I texted Taima, ‘Do you have Angel’s number?’
She replied after a couple of minutes, ‘Yeah.’ She sent me the number.
‘Thanks purple.’ I replied. I called Angel.
“Hello,” she said.
“Hi Angel, it’s me, Light,” I said.
“Hi Light,” she said.
“Where did you disappear to?” I asked.
“I went to the bathroom. I told you but you weren’t listening to me,” she said.
“Aw, I’m so sorry. I just get really caught up in these contests. But I wanted to tell you that you’re invited to my party tomorrow,” I said.
“Okay, thanks. Do you need help with the decorations or anything?” she asked.
“How sweet of you, I do actually. But it’s okay,” I said.
“No, no I want to help,” she said.
“Oh, sure,” I said. Silence, the doorbell rang again. I went and opened the door. It was Angel.
“How did you? When did you?” I stammered.
“May I come in?” she asked.
“Sure,” I said.
“Honey, who came?” asked my mom from the living room.
“My friend from school,” I replied.
“Okay,” my mom replied.
“Where’s the party?” asked Angel.
“In our basement,” She followed me to the basement. It was already decorated, and everything. I looked at Angel, she had a big smile.
Could she have done this?

--THE END--

I didn't introduce any new characters.. I wanted to focus on something else. This line "Can you detect love between two people?", made me gag. I'm sorry, but I cannot stand it!
Back to the story.. So Yang is hiding something... Light's curious. I get curious like that too, but I don't get too nosy. And Angel... there is something weird happening. And don't worry I still have the adventure part planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment