Saturday, December 31, 2011

Chapter 6 (K)


When my alarm clock wakes me up at 7:30, I realize I did zero research yesterday. Literally zero. Damn it. I’m still nowhere.
I change and stumble my way downstairs. Everyone’s already out of the house. I’m still partially asleep, I realize, when I start putting butter in my water and I knock a bunch of clean dishes into the dirty and full sink. I sigh, and lean against the doorpost. I start listening to the TV that’s still on probably from when my parents tuned into the news.
“And now more information about the latest virus victim…”
That jolts me awake. I run into the living room, forsaking my breakfast. I can eat it on the way to school.
The TV is tuned into CTV. Not my favourite, especially since the anchor seems like an insipid jerk, but any news right now is good news.
“The name of the latest victim was 27 year old Maria Elroy, who was found besides her computer yesterday afternoon at 2:31…”
I click the record button on the TV. This is important.
“Ms Elroy is an important figure on CTV, acting as one of our wonderful producers. Ms Elroy is now at an undisclosed hospital in the city. Let us give her our wishes to recover as soon as possible…”
Wait a second. Besides her computer? I rush to the computer, and find the official website keeping records of the victims. Of course, it’s a private government website but I’ve been able to hack in and gain full access. It’s pretty stupid that they left the codes in the library where anyone could find them.
As I look over the places where each of the victims were found, I almost hit myself as I look at the most obvious piece of evidence staring at me. Each of the victims was found near their computers, and the computers had the same type of writing left on it. There was always a note written in big, green letters on the screen.
I totally forgot about school then. I finally had a clue. And I think it’s time to pay a visit to Hacker Maury’s room.



I'm on hiatus tomorrow, so Happy New Year's, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment