Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chapter 10 (N)

Kai:
“Furthermore, do not leave your house for the next few days, if you live in the city of New Town,” the news person finished. I closed the TV, and leaned back on the couch. Shouldn’t they be talking about where we live?
“I want to watch!” yelled my little brother.
“Shouldn’t you be doing your homework?”
“Shouldn’t you be doing chores?”
“I’m not in the mood for this!”
“Open the TV,”
“No!”
“Mom, tell Kai to open the TV!”
“Go do your homework,”
“You’re not the boss of me,”
“Yes, I am,”
“What if I watch TV while doing homework?”
“It doesn’t work that way. Do your homework then you can watch TV,”
“You’re the worst!” he said as he stormed off. I’ve had a headache since watching the video and now Kell just increased it by all his yelling.

“Kai, your mom and I are going to your aunt’s house. Take care of Kell and don’t forget to water the garden,” said my father. He was putting on his shoes near the door.
“Sure, tell Kell to do his homework, and listen to me,”
“Kell, listen to your sister! Kai, give him a break,”
“Fine, Kell, come watch your cartoon,” I shouted to him. He came running down, and opened the TV. My parents exited. I went to our backyard.
It was such a beautiful day. The flowers had blossomed. The sun was shining. Everything was just perfect. When I’m with nature, everything is nice. I forget about everything that is bothering me. I went to the flowers and watered them with the new spell I learned. Then something caught my eye. It was one perfect rose.
I don’t know what it was about this rose, but I felt this weird connection to it. There was something about it. I looked closer at it. I found a place near the rose that was obviously dug into, and covered. I started digging with my hands, until I found a piece of paper. It was all wrinkled, and wet. The writing was smudged; there were a few words I could read.
I fixed the place I dug into, and went to Kell.
“Kell, when does this cartoon end?”
“Um, like two hours?”
“Very funny,”
“It’s a marathon of new episodes. And you made me miss the first minutes!”
“Kell, are you sure?”
“You can check if you want,”
“How would I know?”
“That’s your problem,”
“Kell, you need to do your homework,”
“I promise I’ll do if you let me watch the full marathon. Plus, I’ll even start on the project that’s due in four weeks,”
“That’s my little brother,”
“Yeah, yeah,” He shooed me.
I washed my hands, and went upstairs to my room, I looked at the paper. What did it say? It looked like it was there for years, considering how it looked. But what did it say?
What did it say?

--THE END—

Ladies, and gentlemen, (even though I don’t think any male reads my story) I introduce the cute, little Kell. Kell is Kai’s little brother. His name means spring, which works perfectly with the Kai’s nature-themed family.
Do you want to know what the note says? Or should it remain a mystery?
P.S. The problem has been resolved, but it interfered in my story. At least it had good timing. Now, the story is going to change directions.
READ K'S COMMENT BELOW TO KNOW WHERE THE ROSE COMES FROM!

1 comment:

  1. if anybody's wondering where the rose in this chapter comes from, read http://mindscapeexploration.blogspot.com/2012/02/dead-rose.html

    ReplyDelete