Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chapter 13 (N)

Kai:
A simple phrase is driving me crazy. “My life or Dan’s”, I can’t get it out of my head. I don’t like Dan, but I’m not THAT mean. I would never do that to anyone.
What if there’s another way? Maybe there is. I’m so stressed about it. I need someone to talk to about it! But everyone’s in school (which I thankfully got out of going to). I could ask my big sister. She’s always there for me… sort of.
“Mother,” I called in a weak voice. I have to keep this up, or else she’ll send me to school. She came running.
“Kai, are you okay?” she asked in a concerned voice.
“Um, I’m feeling very weak. Could you uh please call Amanda to come? I really miss her,” I said in an angelic voice.
“Aw, you miss your big sister. She called earlier, and she was so sorry she couldn’t come to the hospital,”
“It is fine, can you please call her? I feel like I would die of sadness if I don’t see her soon?” Yeah, right.
“I’ll go call her Kai. Please don’t be sad! If you’re sad, I’ll cry!” Ok, maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned death.

“I won’t be sad if you call her,” I fake coughed. My mother ran outside, possibly sobbing a little. I felt awful, but I think she’d be crushed if I died. After a while, my phone rang, it was my mother. Why did she call?
“Hello mother,” I said faintly.
“Kai, I called your sister. She said she is coming here as soon as possible,”
“Mother, she can take her time. I can wait,”
“No, Kai. You miss your sister way too much,”
“Mother…,”
“No more argument. Now lie down, and don’t get out of bed. Unless you need the washroom,”
“But…,”
“You will listen to me young lady!”
“Sorry,” I hung up. She was scaring me…
I’ll just go online to check out the spells website. I opened the laptop. I went to the website, and opened the Nature section.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. My immediate reaction was to make a force field.
I turned around. I saw a girl, about my age. She was really cute.
“Who are you?”
“I’m Kim!” she responded in a bubbly voice. She was really happy.
“Hi Kim, how did you get in here? Why are you in here?”
“Calm down Kai!”
“How do you know my name?”
“I just do.” She started flying and giggling. I grabbed her arm and pulled her down. She was still giggling.
“Why are you here?”
“I wanted to warn you about something,” she said in a serious tone. She stopped giggling.
“About what? Why should I believe you?”
“Because it’s for your own good, and I am going to help you.” She smiled.
“What are you warning me about?”
“I would tell you, but I’m so hungry.” She held her stomach. It growled.
“Fine,” I sighed, “But if I give you food, will you tell me?”
“Sure!” She started laughing. I told her to calm down.
“I’m not allowed off my bed, so go hide somewhere. I don’t want my mom to see you. So don’t talk or laugh!”
“Okay!” She smiled, and went to hide.
“Mother, could I come down to get some food? I’m starving!”
“No Kai, I’ll bring up the food. What do you want to eat?”
“What do you want to eat?” I asked Kim.
“Anything,” she replied sweetly.
“Anything,”
My mother came up in a few minutes.
“Thank you.” She looked at the laptop screen.
“Kai, why were you on the website?” I forgot about the website.
“I was bored, and I think it would be better to make use of my time and try to catch up to all the work I’m missing,”
“You are such a smart girl. I should stay here and help you,”
“No, that won’t be necessary. I can do it by myself,”
“Sure Kai.” She kissed my forehead, and left the room.
“You can come out now.” She came out. I gave her the plate.
“I love mashed potatoes!” she exclaimed.
“Now that you have your food, will you tell me?” I asked hoping for an answer.
“It’s complicated to explain, but Dan’s in danger,”
“What about Dan?”
“Someone’s after him.”
“And why are you telling me?”
“Because you know Dan, and you’re smart.”
“How do you know all this stuff?”
“I read your diary,”
“You read my diary?!”
“Yeah, I loved the part about when you accidentally--,”
“Don’t say it! But seriously how do you know?”
“Do you really want to know?”

--THE END—

I made this chapter longer than my average chapters... Well I hope you enjoyed it.
Just a hint, this story will collide with the main plot... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment