Monday, February 20, 2012

Chapter 14 (N)

Finally, it was lunch time. Now I can ask Barry!
“Hey, do you want to come sit with us?”
“Uh, are you all girls?”
“No, don’t worry. My friend Dan usually sits with us.” He turned around, and said something in a very quiet voice.
“What?”
“Nothing, I’m just happy I’ll get to make a new boy friend, as in a boy who’s my friend.” Why was he suddenly acting nervous? He seemed so calm, until… Whatever, he’s just probably nervous about sitting with us.
“Sure, but before we go, come with me.” He followed me to the back of the school. No one came here, because they heard weird rumours.
“Who are you? And what do you know about me?”

“Listen, I’m really hungry. Nothing I know about you will help you.”
“Then why did you say...?”
“I just wanted you to calm….” He stopped his sentence, and came running towards me. He pushed me as a huge rock was about to hit me.
“Let’s get out of here!” He got off me, and gave me his hand. I got up.
“Thanks for… WHAT IS THAT?” I looked at his bruised foot.
“It’s just a mild scratch, nothing serious.”
“Barry, your foot is bleeding! Why did you save me?”
“Did you expect me to let you get crushed?”
“You could have got killed! I’m so sorry!”
“It’s nothing, stop being so worried.”
“Thank you anyway. Let’s go to the nurse!”
“We don’t need to. It heals by itself. Now let’s go have lunch.”
Why did he save me?
“Um, sure, whatever you want.”
We walked over to the lunch table.
“Hi guy and gals, this is Barry. Barry, these are… the gals and guy.”
“Thanks for the introduction,” said Valentine jokingly.
“So you’re Dan?” Barry asked Dan.
“Yeah, how’d you know?”
“She told me about you,” said Barry, referencing me.
“I’m going to get a book from the library before it closes. Bye,” I didn’t want to stay near Barry because I kept on feeling bad.
I went upstairs to the library. Yin and Yang were there. I couldn’t see what they were doing, so I went a little bit closer. They were laughing.
“Why would I like you? You’re like my best friend!” No, he did NOT just say that.
“I thought she was your best friend.”
“If she was really my best friend, would I be practicing with you or her?”
“You couldn’t practice it with her! Only we can do it!” Do what?
“Remember the first time we met?” Why did he change the subject?
“How could I forget?” She doesn’t even remember to eat breakfast!
“Good times.”
“Could I ask you a question?”
“You just did.”
“A serious question, I mean.” Say yes!!!
“What is it Yin?”
“Should we stop doing this?”
“Doing what?”
“You know.” She started shifting uncomfortably.
“You mean dating?”
“What? We’re not even… Yang! I’m serious!” They’re not?
“I mean the spells.”
“Why?”
“Because we’re not supposed to do them! They might be… illegal.” What in the world are they talking about?!
“Don’t think that way. We’re helping mankind! Besides, it’s the only way we get to spend time together.” SPEND TIME TOGETHER? I felt like I was going to be sick.
“Ever since she came to my house, I’ve ONLY been spending time with you.”
“Yin, you’re my only friend left.” Aw. What am I thinking?!
“How about we go apologize to Light?”
“Yin, I have a confession to make…” He looked away shyly.
“I’m listening.”
“The only reason I’ve been spending so much time with you is because I l-love y-you.” I couldn’t believe my ears. HE LOVES YIN? I don’t know how Yin could reply to that.
I could jump in to save her.
“Hey, guys.” I pretended I just there. “I just wanted to say sorry for the misunderstanding Yin.”
“I’m right here,” said Yang.
“I know, so are a lot of things.”
“I’m sorry too,” said Yin.
“Could you help me with my science homework?”
“Sure. Yang, we’ll talk later.” We walked to the other side of the library.
“So Yin, I don’t have any science homework. I just wanted to ask you a question. Do you… have a purple sweater?” I chickened out.
“Yes…?”
“Cool! I have one too.”
I can’t do it. I’m too much of a chicken.

--THE END—

First of all, GAG. Second of all, GAG. Third of all… Let’s just make it 1 through 50. As you see I’m a horrible romance writer.
Did you like the chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment