Friday, February 3, 2012

Chapter 8 (N)

Kai:
Where is it? I sent it hours ago! I looked out the window.
“Kai, honey, you’re going to be late!” shouted mother. I turned towards the door.
“I already told her I’ll be late,” I said. I heard her sigh.
“I am here master Kai,”
“Why are you late?” I said coldly.
“I am sorry master Kai,”
“Apologizing doesn’t help anything,”
“I understand master Kai,”
“Very well, present me with the data you collected,”
“Here you are master Kai,”
I took the CD.
“Thank you, now you have two hours to have fun. But after that you must resume your work,”
“Understood master Kai,”
“Now you may leave my presence,”
“Thank you master Kai,”

It left through the window. I put the CD in the computer. I opened the video. I know it’s spying, but I have a good reason. Dan and Valentine were talking.
“Hey Valentine,” said Dan.
“What do you want? I’m already late for the party!” said Valentine.
“I don’t want to say it again,” said Dan. I raised my eyebrow.
“Fine, since I’m missing the party, I’m going to make you say it, so we can be even,”
“Val, please,” pleaded Dan. Val? Valentine took a deep breath as if she was going to shout something. Yes! Dan held her mouth, dang. He gave her a puppy-eyed look. She sighed. Dan let her go.
“Look Dan, if you really wanted this, you’d do it the truthful way. Not this way. And I’d feel guilty for a long time,”
“I’m really sorry, but you know how important this is to me,”
I stopped the video. I took the CD out of the computer, and put it in my bag. I felt sick. If I watch this, I won’t be in a good mood for the party. If she wasn’t my friend, I wouldn’t have gone.
“Kai, your friend called. She left a message,”
I went downstairs.
“Where is the message?” She handed me a note.
‘Hi Kai, the power went out. I wanted to call you, but you didn’t pick up.’ I checked my phone, there were seven missed calls. ‘So, you can finish your novel, until the power comes back on, or you can just stay home. Bye.’
She’s mad at me, but this information is very important to me.
I went upstairs to finish the video, and I got the biggest shock of my life.
No, this ca-can’t be true. Wait a second, what am I thinking? I know their little game, but Valentine? What’s true? What’s false?
I must know.

--THE END—

Did you like that I changed the point of view? Well? TELL ME!!
What did Kai find out? Find out soon. (And by soon I mean, whenever I write a new chapter).
Here's another chapter. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! and why is Kai "Master"? shouldn't she be mistress? it makes Kai sound like a guy :P
    write more soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that was intended BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey DX don't make Kai sound like a guy! it's bad enough her alter ego on my story was mistaken for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, no I mean the "it" wouldn't treat her so highly if it knew she was a girl. :P

    ReplyDelete