Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Alt+Control 29


Gerad smoothes down his hair sheepishly. “Awhile, now…”
“You are to tell no one of this. I’m serious.” I tell him. He looks at me, hurt. I shake my head.
“But, you said they had Lukas there! And…if he really is there…and he isn’t dead…”
“Don’t say another word. I can’t allow you to. You’ll get hurt.” The words feel so blunt, but I can’t allow him to come. I just can’t.
“I’m not incapable,” snaps Gerad, taking me aback, and I bump into Marc. “Don’t treat me like I am.”
“I’m not! Don’t take this the wrong way—“
“Take me with you. You need help, right? It doesn’t sound like just the two of you will be able to handle this alone.”
“He’s got a point there,” says Marc.

“But Marc—“
“He’s offering help. We might as well take it.”
I can’t allow this, I can’t! I start to open my mouth to say something when Marc clamps his hand over my mouth and holds down my other arm. I try yelling at him, but all I can manage is a few “Mmm!”
“If you want me to let you go, quiet down and stop arguing.”
I glare at him and nod my assent. He releases me, and I turn and slap him in the face.
He looks at me in shock, and I believe Gerad has the identical expression. Marc places a hand where a red mark starts to rise.
“There are other ways to shut me up without being so close to me. I prefer not being man-handled.” I turn to Gerad.
“Fine. Join us. But be prepared. These people mean business, and they certainly don’t play nice.”
I turn on my heels and stalk out of the station.
Damn it. After Drew, I’m being so careful about not bringing anybody in. But I’m being overruled here! Ugh. I massage my temples. The worst-case scenario…
I can already see it. Gerad, lying on the ground, blood pooling around him…
Snap out of it! I can’t start imagining stuff like this. Positive. Think positive.
I unlock the door to my house and slam it shut. I lock the door and slide down until I sit on the floor. This is too much.
I hear the screen door creak open and a quick knock on my door, and I stand on my tiptoes to look through the window at the top of the door. It’s Marc.
I lean against the door. Why is here? And how does he know where I live? I’m not opening the door.
The screen door slams shut. I unlock the door and I slowly open the door.
There’s a note tucked into the handle of the screen door. I slip it out and carefully unfold it.
“I’m sorry,” it reads. I’m sorry? That doesn’t seem like Marc at all! What is he up to? Why is he acting so weird? I sigh. Well I guess we should make-up. I can’t stop Gerad from coming any longer, and I’ll just have to deal with it.
I fold the note back up and toss it in the recycling bin. I go upstairs to my room where I change back into normal and much more comfortable clothes. I throw my heels back into my closet, and grab my tablet off the floor.
I start composing an email, and address it to Gerad and Marc.
“Where do you want to start?”


I'm having a conversation with G tonight on Facebook, and all I can think is how much my characters have changed on me! Marc (who is originally based on my real-life rival) starts out like his real-life counterpart and then transforms into a nice guy who according to some of my friends/readers, has romantic feelings for Kaya! Wow, how did that happen? Well what do you think? Do you like this version of Marc? Do you think he and Kaya should you know... 
Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment