Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chapter 18 (N)

Today’s the day we try to kill Barry. I shuddered at the thought. I can’t kill anyone! I’m not strong enough! What if he kills anyone else? We shouldn’t! I don’t want anything to happen to them! I’ll tell Kai. But I can’t chicken out! It’s for Dan!
I’m so conflicted. What if Barry kills all of us? What if my plan doesn’t work?
Calm down! I have to think positive. But what if anything wrong happens? We shouldn’t do this… But we have to! Or else Barry might kill somebody else…
If he kills me, will he let everyone else live? He didn’t seem like he wanted to kill anyone after Dan… But then I made him fall, and he wanted to kill me.
So, he wouldn’t kill anyone else! If I let him kill me, then my friends will carry on with the plan anyway!

This is so confusing! What should I do? I don’t want to hurt any of my friends!
I felt something was vibrating. I started looking for my phone. It was under my pillow. Kai was calling. What should I say?!
“Today’s the day,” she sighed. Her tone was very different. Usually, she’s the one who’s very positive.
“I know… Do you think we should do this?”
“I’m not sure…” Oh my… I wouldn’t have ever thought I’d see the day Kai wasn’t sure about something!
“I don’t want Barry to hurt anyone! Let’s just forget about this!”
“We can’t! This is for Dan! We can’t just let Barry do whatever he wants!” Sudden mood change, but at least she’s back to her old self.
“For Dan…?” Why does she…?
“What? I said for everyone!” Hmm, what? Ugh, we don’t have time!
“What should we do?” It’s so confusing! I just want everyone to be okay.
“We should do it!”
“Kai…”
“No, we must do it! We need to stop him! He’ll hurt innocent people if we don’t.”
“But he’ll kill us!”
“Would you rather live and hide for the rest of your life?”
“I’d rather live!” What has gotten into that girl?
“If we don’t do anything, he’ll kill people!” She’s right…
“But what if…?”
“There you go again.”
“What?”
“With the ‘what if’s. We’ll be okay! I promise!” How can she guarantee that? Sigh… I guess I’ll have to give in.
“Fine, I’ll do it.”
“Good, now meet us at exactly 3 pm. We’re going to be fine.” I sighed.
“Okay. Bye.” I hung up. I stuffed my face into my pillow. I think we’ll be fine. I have to think positive. Positive.
“Get up! This isn’t time for thinking!” someone shouted. I bet it’s Kim.
“Kim?” I said. My voiced was muffled.
“We have to go train! We have to make sure you’re ready!” It was Kim.
“Kim…,” I got up. “Do you think this is a good idea?”
“Yes, I do. Stop thinking it isn’t! We can do it!”
“But what if we can’t?” Oops…
“WE CAN!” She held my shoulders and shook me.
“Okay! I get it!” My voice was vibrating. She let go.
“Now close your eyes, we’re going!” Um.. I closed my eyes.
“Can I open them now?”
“Yes.” I felt a little dizzy. I opened my eyes. I couldn’t see anything! It was pitch black!
“I can’t see anything!” I started feeling my surroundings.
“The thing is, you need to know how to rely on your other senses. People always rely on sight. You need to learn.” Err..
“May I ask why?”
“You need to be well-rounded. It’s like you can’t rely on one power. Or else if the weakness for it is found, then it becomes powerless. So you need another power.”
“But I already have many powers…”
“Ah, don’t get cocky. You never have enough power. Everyone can get more power, everyone needs more power. Do you know how many powers Barry has?”
“Uh, one?”
“No, he has only used one. Barry is a very smart person. He likes to manipulate. He makes people think he’s weak, but he’s very strong!” Wow… She knows so much. I feel kinda stupid.
“I know he’s manipulative. We have to be mentally stable when we confront him.”
“That’s my girl. Now let’s do this!”

--THE END—

Sorry for the delay… :(

2 comments: