Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chapter 21-and-a-Half


It’s Friday, and tomorrow isn’t just the day when I have that meeting with Mr. Sharpo. It’s also Gerad’s birthday. And here I am, sitting, trying to figure out what to give him as a gift. I really should be picking out my outfit for tomorrow, and getting everything ready so everything goes smoothly. But I can’t concentrate on that until I figure out a proper present!
I pace back and forth, getting more and more agitated. I’ve already asked a bunch of people on LikeIt I’ve already thought of giving him a gift certificate for some movies, but too many other people said they’d be doing that.
Hmmm… books? Nope, we don’t really read the same stuff. He likes more comedic books; I’m a hardcore fantasy and sci-fi fan. I don’t think he’ll appreciate any computer stuff coming from me since the software episode. And I don’t think any of the stuff I can make would appeal to a guy. I collapse onto my chair and sigh. My brother peeks into my room.
“What’s wrong? That was some loud sigh!”
“I can’t think of a present for Gerad! And his birthday is tomorrow!”
My brother stands in my doorway and thinks. “Well he’s been helping you with your novel right? Why don’t you write something for him?”
“Awesome! Thanks so much!” I run over to my brother and give him a kiss on the top of his head. I run back to my tablet and open the word-processing program.
I had totally forgotten about my novel for the last week since I’ve been so busy with the mystery, but Gerad always loved reading it. He always helped when I was stuck with my plot, or needed some names.
I opened a brand new document and started writing a chapter.



Happy Birthday G! Here's a bonus chapter just for you :)

2 comments:

  1. Actually, even if what you can make might not appeal to "a guy" (and I highly doubt that), it would certainly appeal to this guy. By the way, terrific chapter. ^ ^
    Here's my thanks: THANKS! 0 0
    *
    _____
    \___/
    (hopefully that looks like a smiley face, since I'm an amateur on the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that smiley face failed in that comment, but you're very welcome :)
    I make several stuff. and if it was buttons, I'd have to make it very personalized, so I decided to go with a bonus chapter :D

    ReplyDelete