Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chapter 16 (N)

“What are you going to do?” asked Kai. I was dangling upside-down from her bed.
“I don’t know! What should I do?” I was getting really worried. I never thought Barry would turn out so… evil.
“Well, definitely don’t tell Barry you know.”
“Duh, we’ll just have to keep Dan away from him….” Kai gave me a weird look.
“Ahem.” I didn’t get what she was talking about… Wait! I get it!
“Sorry, but how are we going to keep you know who away from Barry?”
“He probably already told him where he lives….”
“Why did he have to burn him?” I took a ball and threw it in her closet.
“What are you talking about?” Didn’t Kim tell her?
“The reason why Barry wants to kill you know who…?” I was starting to wonder why she didn’t know.

“Kim never told me! She went off after I said I can’t help.”
“Should we tell Dan..er.. him?”
“You’ll be great! Just go easy on him.” The sarcasm was clearer than anything.
“Why do I have to tell him? What am I going to say? ‘Hi Dan, stay away from Barry because he wants to kill you.’?” I sat up, my head was getting dizzy.
“I can’t tell him, and you’re the only one who knows!”
“Fine, I’ll go to his house right now! Do you know how to use the teleporting spell? The last time I used it, I ended up in Banana Island!” She gave a laugh.
“I love Banana Island! I don’t know it yet… But I could give you a fun ride! Let me call a friend.” She whistled. A little robot thing came.
“It’s so small and adorable!” She touched her forehead. It vanished. She went to the window. I followed her.
“There is your ride.” It was a limo. I pinched myself.
“Bye!!!” I ran to the limo. It started driving. I didn’t want to see Dan. I didn’t want to tell him that he’s in danger. But I had to! Or else he might…
“We’re here,” said a robot voice. I got off the car. Dan was outside looking at the limo.
“Hey…,” I said nervously.
“Hi, what brings you here Ms. Limo?” he said sarcastically.
“Stay away from Barry,” I whispered.
“What? Speak up. I can’t hear you.”
“Stay away from Barry,” I repeated a little louder.
“I can’t hear you!”
“STAY AWAY FROM BARRY!” I shouted. I then held my mouth.
“Why? Barry’s my best friend!”
“He’s not what you think he is! He’s trying to kill you, Dan, Because of when you burned him!” I replied.
“How did you know that?”
“That’s not important right now! You have to stay away from him!” I think I’m beginning to sound like Kim.
“But he’s…”
“Do you believe him or me?”
“I don’t know…” HE DOESN’T BELIEVE ME?
“Would I ever lie to you?”
“No, but… Barry wouldn’t either.” I always wondered whether was ee-ther or ay-ther. Until Yin told me… Stay focused!
“I promise! Barry wants to kill you!”
“I’m sorry, Light. But I cannot believe you. And I can’t believe you would make up such a lie!”
“I’M NOT LYING!”
“Barry is my best friend!”
A strike of lightning hit him. He fell on the ground. I ran over to him.
“Dan!” I looked up. Barry was there.
“You’re a little too late for that.” He was on the roof.
“Barry! Leave him alone!” I shouted.
“Why should I? He’s already dead anyway, goodbye. My mission is fulfilled. My life has a meaning. Dan is gone. Now I am truly untouchable. Good riddance!”
“DID YOU HEAR HIS LAST WORDS?! HE SAID ‘BARRY IS MY BEST FRIEND!’. YOU’RE THE MOST INSENSITIVE PERSON I’VE EVER SEEN!” I shouted so loud my lungs hurt.
“You just stay away from him. Don’t tell anyone anything! I know a member from D.O.O.M. already contacted you. I’ll be watching you, and if you tell a single soul. You won’t have one any more,” he said gravely.
“Bring him back! He didn’t mean to burn you!”
“I don’t care. I have pride, and a reputation. Remember, you tell anyone, I’ll kill you. I’ll be watching you.” I used a spell on him. It made him fall from the roof.
“Bring him back!” I shouted again. He got up. He was bleeding a little, but after a few seconds, nothing was there.
“How dare you? I wanted to spare you, but now you’re my next target.” He raised his arms and a huge grey cloud was on top of me. A lightning strike almost hit me. I started running away. He followed me.
“There’s nowhere to hide!” Nowhere to hide… Wait I can use the invisibility spell. I’m so glad Taima taught me it! I used it after taking a sharp turn. He couldn’t see me. He started looking.
“You can’t hide forever. Come out!” How I wish Taima was here right now. Since she also uses lightning, she could’ve helped me! I walked as quietly as possible. Right now this is the only thing I can do until he gives up. But he’s so determined!
“Kim! Help me!” I whispered. She didn’t appear.
Now I’m dead. Way to go!
Dead…

--THE END—

It’s March break! Woohoo! But I have to go to my uncle’s again… WHY?!?
I feel so stupid saying "Chapter __ (N)"...

No comments:

Post a Comment