Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chapter 17 (N)

Kai:
Why is she so late? I’m starting to get worried. We still need to work on the project, with Yin!
The door knocked. I ran downstairs to open it. No one was there.
“Kai, it’s me. Hurry, close the door before he knows I’m here!”
I didn’t know who it was, but I obeyed anyway.
“Who are you?”
“Who do you think I am?” Oh, it’s Light.
“Why are you invisible?”
“I was running away from Barry.” I gasped. She became visible. She was panting.
“Why? Did he figure out that you were warning Dan?”
“Dan…” she said quietly. Huh? What about him?
“What?” She grabbed me by the shoulders.
“He killed Dan!” I swear my heart skipped a beat. Dan…
“He w-what?” I stammered. Maybe it’s a joke…
“Dan is dead…” She let go of me, and looked away.
Dan… He killed Dan… I didn’t know how I felt about this…
“Are you sure?! Maybe we can bring him back!” I knew she wasn’t lying, but I still couldn’t believe it’s true.
“I’m really sure…” Her voice was weak. Dan…
“And why were you running away from Barry?”
“He wants to kill me too now…”
Oh no, he isn’t. I’m not going to let him!
“What did you do?”
“Made him fall from the roof…” she muttered. Dan…
“I can’t believe you did that! Are you crazy?!”
“What did you expect me to do?! To just leave Dan there, and let Barry torture him?!”
I didn’t know how to answer. Dan…
“But now you’re his next target! You know how long it took him to kill Dan! He’s probably not going to give up!”
“Thanks for the reassurance.”
“Well I’m not going to let him do anything to you!”
“Don’t get involved! He might make you a target too!”
“I don’t care! I’m not going to let him!”
“Kai, don’t be stupid! I can handle him by myself!” She suddenly turned angry.
“No, you can’t! I’m going to help you!”
“That’s so horrible!” said a voice behind me. It was Kim.
“Kim!” we said in unison.
“I can’t believe Barry killed him!”
“How long have you been here?”
“I don’t know… But we need to get rid of Barry!”
“And how are we going to do that?!”
“Think!” We all sat thinking.
“I think I got it!” exclaimed Light. She then told us her plan. Dan…
“That’s brilliant!” shouted Kim. It was a good idea…
“Hmm, do you think it will actually work?”
“It’s worth a try.”
“We’ll try it then. But I’m still not sure…”
“Come on Kai! It’s a good plan!”
“Let’s do it tomorrow.”
“Tell everyone! We need all the help we can get!”
We spent two hours telling everyone about the plan. Everyone agreed to help us. Dan…
Late at night I woke up. I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t know why. But one word has been in my head. “Dan…” I felt so bad because I don’t think the argument was worth losing our friendship over. It’s too late now… I can’t undo what’s already done. Dan…
I will avenge for him… I will put all my strength into it…
Please forgive me Dan…
I miss you…

--THE END—
I actually have no comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment